Sunday, March 15, 2009

Miracles do Happen!!!

We received a surprise phone call from the Cancer Center on Friday afternoon. I am in REMISSION!!! There is so much more to this drama, but I will save you from that and only share the important/positive stuff. I am in remission!!! I think what happens now is that I go in for blood work every three months for the next three years. If I stay in remission, I will never get leukemia, again. Sounds good to me. I am so ready to get back to a normal life.
Terra will really leave for home on Tuesday morning. We will take her to KC on Monday to do a little last minute shopping, of course. One more trip to the Cheesecake Factory and then off she goes. Who would have ever believed that we would have spent the last six months together like this. It is truly bittersweet.
There just aren't the right words to express all of our thanks and gratitude for the incredible prayers and support, not only from our friends and family, but from people that we don't even know. We are all God's children and he listened. Love to each and every one of you. Hugs!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That is wonderful news!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana!

How AWESOME IS OUR GOD!!!!! What spectacular news you have received. We are so happy for you and rejoicing right along with you. You have been in our daily thoughts and prayers and please know that we will continue to lift up prayers in your behalf. Take care of yourself!

Hugs and kisses!
Joe, Heather, Lynnsey, Logan and Chloe

Anonymous said...

"Thank the Lord, Thank the Lord!" May your blessings continue to overflow!!!!
With Him and thru Him,
Pam

Chelley N said...

I was sooo thrilled to hear this that I cried. Praise God!