Monday, May 11, 2009

The Lord's Calling Her Home

My precious mother has fought an incredible battle, but now the battle is coming to an end. Today, after speaking with mom's doctor, we have decided to not prolong her suffering in this life, with medical support. It was my mom's expressed wish that she not be kept alive by artificial means and we are honoring her wishes today.

We have been able to extend our heartfelt goodbyes today, and offer you the same opportunity. She will be moved to a room later today on 7SW, that provides more comfort for everyone as they wish to say goodbye. Though we do not know how much longer we have with her on this earth, we welcome you in joining us as we love her to God.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Terra for letting me have the chance to say goodbye. You are a strong woman and your mom is so proud of you! Rob, Tony,
and Terra, God bless all of you, I will keep you in my prayers and always in my heart!
Cindy

Heather said...

Terra and Family: I just do not know what to say. My heart aches for all of you. Your mother has overcome extreme hurtles and has been such an inspiration for all of us! I am praying for all of you and I pray that God will give you all the strength and comfort that you need at this time. We love you all! Please let us know if there is anything that you need.

Joe, Heather and Kids

PS Please tell her that we love her and that all of you are in our prayers.

Cindy McGregor said...

I am so sorry to hear this. As with all of you, I wanted her to win her fight against this. BUT really she will win and will get her reward in Heaven. I am so sorry for your loss as I know you will miss her terribly. I understand the loss of a Mother who was wonderful like her. Hold on to those wonderful memories you have. You all are loved and cared about very much. You are in my thoughts and prayers. In Him, Cindy McGregor (East Point)

ReJoyce said...

How I wish I was there to come hug Diana just one more time. We are in Houston visiting family...so I will write this and ask you to read it to her...."Still praying, and still believing" has been my message many times. And though it sounds strange...even now it is true. Still praying that you will be healed Diana, and still believing it will happen. Just not the way I would have liked. I believe that He will heal you, but now, dear one, it will be a face to face with Jesus healing. I will be celebrating your freedom from pain, and your wholeness, and your new face to face relationship with Him. I want you to know how much I admire you for the way you fought the battle, for your sweet ways, and your faith. What an inspiration you are to me!! The four o'clock hour will not pass without me continuing to think of you. And I will continue to pray for Rob and all your family...and especially for Terra (I know what a special relationship the two of you have). Thank you for allowing me the honor of calling you friend, the privilege of being your sister in Christ, and the joy of celebrating the Victory with you. Fly, Diana, fly!!

Blessings and Hugs!

Joyce

Matthew said...

My prayers are with you and your family as your mom flies into the Great Father's arms. She was a great woman and someone I admired. Loves and Hugs, Jenny Dunnell Gibbons

Gaylene Weathers said...

You are in my prayers. What a blessing to have a Christian wife and Mother. Apart for awhile, but together for eternity.
Gaylene

Jenae said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all!!! Diana is about to receive her reward for being such an amazing servant on this Earth. We have all been so blessed to know her! We love you so much and are on our way to the hospital right now...

Jenae said...

I was on my way to the hospital when we heard the news...our hearts are so heavy! Rob, Tony, Terra, Mercedes, Mike, and Little Hunter...you are in our prayers. We mourn your loss deeply! Diana is definitely receiving her reward from our heavenly Father for the amazing servant she was. We love you guys so much...I just want to wrap my arms around you this very minute!

Beth said...

Terra, Please know that we love you and your family very much and pray that you all are finding some sort of comfort and peace right now. Our hearts are heavy for you. With much love and prayers, Beth Sears and Family

Marilyn Spongberg said...

Diane was a beautiful person who brought joy to all who knew her. I wish I could be there to give her one last hug. I know God will welcome her with open arms and she will add beauty and love to heaven. I will always remember the good times I spent with her. Marilyn Spongberg

ceramx53 said...

May your wonderful memories and God's great hand of mercy be of comfort to you in these difficult days ahead. Sheryl Newberry

John and Gail Peterson said...

We are so sorry that your mother
has come to end of her journey.
Diana will be missed by a lot of people.

John and I have had your mother in our prayers ever since she became ill.
Now our prayers are with you and your family. We pray that you will find the strengh to carry on and
that your mother will remain in your hearts forever.

Gail Peterson

Doug said...

I have known Diana nad Rob since we were kids. I have been praying for them ever since I heard about Diana's fight. I know that I will see her again in heaven but my heart will miss her. I know her family and friends will miss her. I will remember all in my prayers.

Doug Sifford

Pj said...

Diana...Rob, Terra, Tony and Families,
My prayers are for God's strength to be your strength as each of continues this journey.
Your faith and determination have been such an inspiration...I have been moved with deep humbleness and appreciation. May God's blessings surround you all.
"Jesus is Lord, our redeemer...How we love Him, how He loves us..." Diana will know.
Pam

David Edward said...

i wept when I read your beautiful words here.