Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Update...

Thank you so much for your continued prayers...they are indeed working. Mom's blood pressure has stabilized and that medication has been able to be discontinued. We have also been able to keep her off of the ventilator thus far. She is using a BiPap machine to help with her breathing, but even that usage has been downgraded to nightly instead of constantly. She is receiving mass amounts of antibiotics and steroids to help her fight the pneumonia. These medications have also helped to reduce the fluid around her heart. So, great things...with great bounds to go. But, God, is good! Our prayer is that these medicines are working in her lungs (and wherever else they are needed) and that her own cell counts will begin to rebound soon so that her body can begin to do some of the fighting on its own.

Thank you! ~Terra

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Terra, that is awesome news! We have been praying fervently for your mom. We have added her to our prayer chain at Church again and we said a prayer for her at our Life Group last evening. There are many, many people praying for your mom and we will continue to do so. We pray that she will continue to improve and that her body will grow stronger and fight off the infection on its own. Thanks for keeping us updated, I was actually going to call you this evening. Take care and stay strong! We love you bunches!!!!

Joe, Heather, Lynnsey, Logan and Chloe

Joyce said...

Just wanting all of you to know that I continue to hold you in my heart and lift you up in prayer--and still claiming victory for Diana. I woke this morning with her on my mind...so spent some time visiting with the Father about her!....and the rest of you as well. And, yes, my phone still alarms every afternoon at 4. May God richly bless you...and may you find peace in believing in Him.

Anonymous said...

Terra, I'm so glad to hear Diana is fighting back so well. What a strong woman she is. I think about you all constantly and have had you in my thoughts and prayers from the moment I heard of Diana's diagnosis. I just now figured out how to respond to your blog, or I would've done so sooner.

Please give Diana and your whole family my love.

Cheryl Hayes

Unknown said...

Our constant prayers continue for you Diana - this is such good news! Praise God. Keep fighting and know that God has you in his arms right now and will never leave you. He alone will give you the strength to fight this!! Our love to you, Mary and Dennis

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord! Hang in there; God is good!