Friday, November 21, 2008

Almost done!

We are just finishing up our final morning chemo treatment, which means there is only one more to go late this evening. It has been a long, hard week with such an intense schedule. We come back in the morning for a strong booster shot to help get my counts going, again. So far, I am doing okay with the treatments with just some loss of appetite and change in taste buds. Hopefully, next week won't be so bad as I hit bottom and begin to rebuild my blood. I still feel healthier than I did with my other two chemo's, so I am hoping for the best.
It is so hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here. We certainly have many, many things to be thankful for this year. I am craving my mom's wonderful pies and cherry dessert. They are the best!!! She makes a raisin pie that is out of this world and we all fight over it. I just might use the "sick card" this year to my advantage. Hee, hee.
If I don't get back on the blog, Thanksgiving blessings and best wishes to all of you. I hope you get to enjoy your families and all of the blessings that you have been given. Our assignment from Sunday church was to focus on gratitude and it has been so good to really see all that God has done for our family during this journey. Just amazing. Hugs to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diana

I am so glad you are doing well. Mom told me you were sick and I have asked her a million times how you were doing. Take care of yourself and yes you can play the sick card this year to get all the attention and whatever you want!!!!
Tell Rob Terra and Tony Hi for me.

Kim (Young) Heilman
kandb121406@hotmail.com