Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

We were able to have a very nice Thanksgiving, completely prepared by our kids. They did a great job and made sure that I was able to have all of my favorites. I didn't lift a finger and I was able to eat most everything. Bless their hearts!
I came in this morning to have my blood draw and now I am at the hospital to get platelets. I'm not surprised since I feel so lousy. Dissapointed, but not surprised. I hope I feel better after the transfusion. Right now, I just want to sleep, sleep, sleep.
Tony, Mercedes and Hunter are going to the tree farm to get their tree and to have pictures with Santa. I can't wait to see them. Hunter is such a little ham. I hope Santa isn't scary to him. When Tony was little, he all but climbed over Santa's body to get away. We knew the Santa and had hoped he would be more comfortable. Even so, it is one of my favorite pictures. Great memories.
Rob did the 5:00 a.m. Wal-Mart run for me this morning. He went to ElDorado, so it probably wasn't as bad as it could have been, but to hear him tell about it is just a hoot. Would have loved to have seen him in action. I sent him for one thing and he brought back four wonderful presents. Score!
We have so many blessings to be thankful for. I can't even begin to list them all. Of those blessings, of course, is your gift of friendship. Thank you for your love, support and prayers. Keep them coming. Hugs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana! I am so pleased to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. This year I am thankful for numerous things, but at the top of the list....I am Thankful for God's miraculous work in your life and your health. Yea!!!! Thanks be to God for the work he accomplishes in our lives each and everyday. Sending love and warm thoughts your way......Nancy

Chelley N said...

Yay for a great Thanksgiving! I can't believe Rob went out on Black Friday and shopped!!! Brave man!