Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm Free!

We went to the doctor on Monday and most of my counts were up, so he gave me the week off!!! That means no more blood, not even a bone marrow biopsy. He said all restrictions are lifted, so bring on the hugs! I asked if it was okay to get a pedicure, you know the most important question I could ask. He laughed and said I could go to Las Vegas! He even suggested using one of the cheap flights to get there. He said to do whatever I wanted to do and enjoy. As a good patient, I always follow doctor's orders. Hee, hee.
We had big plans for today, but the snow came and we decided to stay home and enjoy our warm and snug house. We wrapped presents and worked on a few. Good day. Tomorrow promises to be a better day, weather wise, so we hope to do a bit of shopping. I do mean a "bit" because I wear out so easily. It still feels good to be normal, again.
We will start chemo again on Monday, so I know this is short-lived, but we will certainly make the best of it. Hugs to all and keep those prayers coming!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That's great news! Enjoy your week off!

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Congratulations--that's WONDERFUL news. Yes, Vegas is calling!!!

Visiting from SITS--have a happy day!

Joyce said...

I am so glad things are going well right now. I'm still in Branson, but I am also still thinking of you and praying for you daily. I can't wait to get home and give you a REAL hug.

Love to all,
Joyce